Join us on August 6th, 2021 for a full day Project WET Workshop sponsored by VAEE.
The heart of Project WET is the Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide, which is National Science Teacher Association (NSTA) recommended. The guide has 64 engaging and easy-to-use activities designed to supplement an educator's existing curriculum. Project WET materials were developed and field-tested by over 600 educators and resource managers working with more than 34,000 students nationwide. The materials are hands-on, fun to do, easy to use, and meet the needs of many different teaching and learning styles and teaching standards. Major themes in the book include:
- Water's chemical and physical properties.
- Aquatic habitats and systems.
- Quantity and quality issues.
- Water management strategies.
- Water's social and cultural constructs.
The guide is only available through Project WET workshops, which also provide a wealth of additional Virginia specific topics.
Project WET is available to all educators, formal and non-formal, through specially designed workshops. Workshop attendees participate in hands-on, minds-on activities both indoors and out. As a workshop participant you will receive:
- Six hours of instruction.
- Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide.
- Supplemental water education materials and resources.
- A certificate for professional development clock hours.